![]() |
| An apple a day isn't all it takes to be healthy. |
I do not exercise regularly either. Okay, I do not exercise period. Hey, I tried! As I mentioned in my previous post, I tried badminton and running. I even enrolled at Plana Forma and I survived the 4x4 Challenge. You HAVE to give me credit for that! Obviously, I stopped and decided that eating makes me happier.
![]() |
| I told you, I survived Plana Forma's 4x4 challenge. My name is on the list! :-) |
But when Julia started eating solids, I realized I needed to change my eating habits. I cannot tell her, "Julia, look! Daddy's eating vegetables!" while I munch lechon kawali for lunch. I am only 33 years old and I already have hypertension and dessicated disc disease (DDD). The thought of not being able to be with Julia when she graduates, get married, have children made me shiver. More importantly, I do not want Julia to be influenced by my unhealthy lifestyle.
So after several trips to St. Luke's Global City for check up and therapy this month, I finally accepted that it is time to change. No more procrastination. So, effective immediately, my 4 health goals for 2012 are:
- I will exercise (as prescribed by my physical therapist) every morning. These are simple exercises to strengthen my back.
- I will never smoke again. As of this writing, I have not puffed a cigarette for the past 23 months.
- I will never drink (like there is no tomorrow) excessively.
- I will lessen intake of fast food, instant meals, soda, chips and other junk food.
- I will eat more fruits and vegetables.
What unhealthy habits do you have? How do you plan to change it?
Photo from Flickr and Plana Forma

