![]() |
| From A Wise Woman Builds Her Home Facebook Page |
It's disheartening. When I feel shortchanged or hopeless or discouraged, I remember this verse:
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." (Proverbs 16:3)
When I first read the verse, I thought God doesn't like my goals at all! I commit what I do to Him and yet my plans seem far fetched and no matter what I do, they seem unattainable. After Worship Night at Victory Fort last week, I realized that I was fretting on worldly concerns and anxiously striving to achieve my goals and plans. It became a priority over my relationship with God.
As I face another week, I keep in mind that Proverbs 16:3 requires two (2) things:
- Relationship with God - asking for the things we need and want is not prayer. Prayer is talking and listening to Him. Though difficult, I should do His will in all aspects of my life. My words and my actions should honor Him. My relationship with other people should reflect my love for Him.
- Acceptance that prayers are answered "In His time" - I keep on forgetting that no and not now are answers too. His will and in His Time. This, for me, is the most difficult. Everything has a purpose and things happen because it is His divine plan. I get that a lot when things don't work out for me. Sometimes, I find them difficult to digest. But it is true. Through faith, I know that God is in control and His plan is what's best for me.
This week will surely be a mixture of triumphs and disappointments. Just like Jessica (I wish I can sing like her!), I will continue to work hard to succeed. With prayers and faith, I know I will be a step closer to my achieving my plans and goals.
What are your goals? What are the challenges you face in achieving them?
