Because of my new commitment to blogging, here's how my day looked like:
- 5am (or earlier) - I wake up to spend time with Julia (this depends on what time Julia will wake up. It can be as early as 3am. Sometimes, she immediately goes back to sleep.)
- 6am - I am starting to get ready for work.
- 6:30am - Don and I should already be on our way to Bonifacio Global City.
- 7:30am - I am usually at work at around this time. I eat breakfast while reading the articles and blogs I follow online.
- 8:30am to 5:30pm - At work
- Depending on our work load and the traffic situation, I am home as early as 7:30pm or as late as 10pm.
- Julia is already asleep by this time so I get to spend 2-3 hours for blogging and reading more articles and blogs each night. I sleep at around 12 midnight to 2am.
With only 4-5 hours of sleep every day for the past 2 months since the relaunch of my blog, I have been experiencing fatigue and stress. I don't want to look like a zombie and be cranky all the time so Don and I are working on a schedule that will give me enough time for everything without sacrificing sleep. Thank you, God for my supportive, understanding and loving husband.
I still read online every night but now, I write for my blog only during weekends. I have learned to schedule posts for the coming week. Aside from time management, here are some of my self-imposed blogging guidelines to avoid stress:
- Don't sacrifice family time for blogging. Due to my work schedule, Sundays should be for Don and Julia.
- Don't obsess over comments, pageviews and likes. I learned from Martine (Dainty Mom) that if you have great content, comments, pageviews and like will follow. She said that a content has value if the reader is inspired or has learned something.
- Don't pretend to be someone you are not. - I must write from the heart. Period.
- Don't blog about EVERYTHING. Don't wash dirty linens in public. - Write about lessons learned from situation/experience. Details are not necessary.
- Don't demand for inspiration from yourself. - It will come. I used to stress myself out looking for inspiration. As a result, no inspiration, just frustration. So, if there is nothing to write about, don't blog. Simple.
- Don't blog for the wrong reason. As Rowena Wendy Lei stated so clearly in her in her blog, "We must not let being a blogger give us a false sense of power and entitlement."
Blogging is not about the number of likes, comments or followers. It's about how many you inspire, motivate and help.
— Belle Delos Reyes (@CruisinMomhood) April 4, 2012
What are your your blogging rules? How to you manage your time?
