![]() |
| My desk calendar and that pink sticky note reminder |
I can't help but feel frustrated and sad. Here's what I have been doing to feel better:
- Remind myself that everything happens for a reason, in accordance with God's plan for us. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)
- I call my close friends and ask for encouragement. Or sometimes, just being with them makes me feel better.
- I call on happiness! Yes, my ever-reliable happy thoughts. I think about my blessings. I think about Don and Julia, the beach, Davao, Razon's halo-halo, all things pink, anything that will put a smile on my face and make me happy.
- I stay away from "Negatrons" (people who emit negative energies). Seriously. I stay away from them. I already feel bad, why will I talk to people who will make me feel worse?
- Pray. Talk to God. "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him." (1 John:14-15)
- Pray. Listen to God. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
.jpg)