1. I talk to people who can encourage and inspire me. I talk to people who can help me (directly and indirectly) deal with my concerns. I stay away from negatrons! They make me feel worse than I already feel.
2. I cry, eat and laugh. I feel better after. Crying helps me off-load the emotional baggage. Once I'm done with the drama, I move on to eating. I remind myself that this is better than smoking. Then, I laugh a lot! I don't nurse my negative feelings so I try to find humor in all that I do.
3. I pray and appreciate all my blessings. I don't ask for my troubles to disappear. Instead, I pray for strength, humility and wisdom.
The past 6 months has been crazy. But I am having fun, I am learning a lot and I am meeting a lot of great people. So stress is part of my life, I just need to be better in dealing with it.
How do you deal with stress?
